Thursday, January 18, 2024

January 18th– The Frogs by Aristophanes (405)

 I've just given up on picking "appropriate" music.

Tonight's Reading

Summary: Aristophanes fits every comedy bit ever into the intro to a play about frogs. And shit talks a bunch of other Greeks. There's a musical number.

Commentary: Bits include: A heckling chorus, a random musical number that characters don't want, suicide puns, something sort of like "Who's on First?", The rule of three, I feel like there's probably a lot of jokes I don't get since I don't know enough about ancient Greece. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

July 2– From "Plutarch’s Lives: Caesar" translated by Dryden and edited by A. H. Clough

I love this guy's outfit July 2– From Plutarch’s Lives: Caesar translated by Dryden and edited by A. H. Clough Summary: Caesar changed t...