Tuesday, May 7, 2024

May 7– Assorted Poems by Robert Browning (1842)

 I like when it's poems, because I can always find them on Youtube

May 7– Assorted Poems by Robert Browning (1842)

Summary: Murder poem!

Commentary: There really should be more murder poems. It's a good subject. Although multiple poems about attractive dead women in the same collection is a little creepy. I appreciate how he gets right to it in our final selection "Evelyn Hope":

Beautiful Evelyn Hope is dead!

Beautiful and dead. That's his jam. Poe would've approved, I suppose. They were somewhat contemporaneous, so I looked to see if either commented on the other.  Doesn't look like it, which is surprising, given how much criticism Poe did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

July 2– From "Plutarch’s Lives: Caesar" translated by Dryden and edited by A. H. Clough

I love this guy's outfit July 2– From Plutarch’s Lives: Caesar translated by Dryden and edited by A. H. Clough Summary: Caesar changed t...