Thursday, February 1, 2024

Feb 1– Le Morte d’Arthur by Thomas Mallory, edited by William Caxton (1485)

 Music

Text

Feb 1– Le Morte d’Arthur by Thomas Mallory, edited by William Caxton (1485)

Summary:

Commentary: I considered swapping this one for a more modern translation (and I think Eliot should've), but I decided picking my way through it would be good for me or build character or something. Overall, feels kind of summaryish. Less like an actual telling of these stories and more like a 15th century Wikipedia entry or something. I dunno. I read it, I put some Monty Python jokes on it, the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

July 2– From "Plutarch’s Lives: Caesar" translated by Dryden and edited by A. H. Clough

I love this guy's outfit July 2– From Plutarch’s Lives: Caesar translated by Dryden and edited by A. H. Clough Summary: Caesar changed t...