Thursday, February 15, 2024

Feb 15– All For Love by John Dryden (1677)

 No music

Reading

Feb 15– All For Love by John Dryden (1677)

Summary: Antony and Cleopatra love each other, but are doomed!

Commentary: I did not watch this like I did with the last play, and I regret it. This is another one I'm going to have to come back to this weekend.

So, apparently there aren't any easily accessible recordings of this one, despite how popular it is. Especially popular in India apparently... Went back and reread it, but it's not the same as watching. It seems pretty good, though. I'd like to see it. Octavia in particular is well written.


No comments:

Post a Comment

July 2– From "Plutarch’s Lives: Caesar" translated by Dryden and edited by A. H. Clough

I love this guy's outfit July 2– From Plutarch’s Lives: Caesar translated by Dryden and edited by A. H. Clough Summary: Caesar changed t...