Tuesday, April 23, 2024

April 23– From "King Lear" (1606) by William Shakespeare (T is for tragedy)

Watch here!

April 23– From King Lear (1606) by William Shakespeare 

Summary: Crazy king talks to blind guy. Son tricks father. Daughter betrays father. Other daughter comforts him. He dies.

Commentary: That poor squirrel prop. I don't think I've read King Lear in about a decade and a half, so it took me a bit to refresh on who everyone was. This is certainly a fun scene with all the craziness, even if it's a bit confusing without preceding 70% or so of the play. Since the whole thing is based around knowing the familial relationships between the characters, it doesn't really hit fully without it. The production I found is an interesting one. I like these "halfway" productions that are staged a bit more than a traditional theatre set, but not quite a full movie/tv production. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bacon's Essays (1625? Edition) Dedication and 1 (Truth

Bacon's Essays (1625? Edition) Bonus:  Somehow, we were assigned  A Few Good Men  in 7th or 8th grade. Maybe it was just excerpts? Summa...