Saturday, May 11, 2024

May 11– Act 1 of "The Duchess of Malfi" (1623) by John Webster

 The play

May 11– Act 1 of The Duchess of Malfi (1623) by John Webster

Summary:

Commentary: I was surprised how hard it was to find a recording of this. I had thought it was a fairly popular play. Youtube only had 2, and the other was an iffy recording of a 1972 BBC production The weird part was that it was chunked into 13 parts, but not built around the 10 or 15 minute limit that used to be normal.

I didn't actually get to watch it today, just read the script, since I was in bad internet and it was late.

Someone is a saucy and ambitious devil, and that sounds like a great thing to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

July 2– From "Plutarch’s Lives: Caesar" translated by Dryden and edited by A. H. Clough

I love this guy's outfit July 2– From Plutarch’s Lives: Caesar translated by Dryden and edited by A. H. Clough Summary: Caesar changed t...