Sunday, May 5, 2024

May 5th– From Life Is A Dream by Pedro Calderon De La Barca (1635) translated by Edward Fitzgerald

The play!

May 5th– From Life Is A Dream by Pedro Calderon De La Barca (1635) translated by Edward Fitzgerald

Summary: From Spain to Poland on a donkey.

Commentary: The production linked about is obviously from a different translation. Tried it for a bit, but decided I didn't care for something so different. It looks like a fun play, and I may watch it later.

That's one thing I'm looking forward to when I'm done with this project, not having to go hunt down some specific 150 year old translation. I can just grab whatever is well reviewed or accessible and roll with it when I come back to these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

July 2– From "Plutarch’s Lives: Caesar" translated by Dryden and edited by A. H. Clough

I love this guy's outfit July 2– From Plutarch’s Lives: Caesar translated by Dryden and edited by A. H. Clough Summary: Caesar changed t...