Tuesday, June 4, 2024

June 4– From "Egmont" by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1788) translated by Anna Swanwick

 I guess I don't have much choice here I am the Egmont

June 4– From Egmont by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1788) translated by Anna Swanwick

Summary: Reading plays is still hard.

Commentary: We need more theatre with live crossbow firing on stage. I don't think I've ever actually seen anyone shoot a real crossbow live. Maybe a dinky prop one at a Renn Faire, but they struggle to pierce styrofoam at 20 yards.

They mention the Spanish inquisition, so have this:



No comments:

Post a Comment

July 2– From "Plutarch’s Lives: Caesar" translated by Dryden and edited by A. H. Clough

I love this guy's outfit July 2– From Plutarch’s Lives: Caesar translated by Dryden and edited by A. H. Clough Summary: Caesar changed t...