Saturday, August 15, 2026

Some Fruits of Solitude By William Penn (1682) Part 30 #423-441 (Indifferency, Neutrality, A Party, Ostentation)

Some Fruits of Solitude By William Penn (1682) Part 30 #423-441 (Indifferency, Neutrality, A Party, Ostentation)

Bonus: 

I think I've used this already.

Summary: Be loyal to ideals, not to parties.

Commentary:

425. Neutrality is something else than Indifferency; and yet of kin to it too.

Real insightful, Penn. 

426. A Judge ought to be Indifferent, and yet he cannot be said to be Neutral.

427. The one being to be Even in Judgment, and the other not to meddle at all.

This is pretty good though.

435. Nor must we always be Neutral where our Neighbors are concerned: For tho' Medling is a Fault, Helping is a Duty.

This is a good secret order oath. 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some Fruits of Solitude By William Penn (1682) Part 30 #423-441 (Indifferency, Neutrality, A Party, Ostentation)

Some Fruits of Solitude By William Penn (1682) Part 30 #423-441 (Indifferency, Neutrality, A Party, Ostentation) Bonus:  I think I've us...