Monday, February 12, 2024

Feb 12– Selected Writings by Abraham Lincoln (1863-4)

No Music

Reading

Feb 12– Selected Writings by Abraham Lincoln (1863-4)

Summary: Abraham Lincoln helps dedicate a cemetery, gives a bunch of Confederates Amnesty (boo), and writes a letter to console a mother.

Commentary: I don't think I ever realized how short the Gettysburg Address was. Good speech. 

Reconstruction did not go well.

Sucks to lose 5 kids in one war. I wonder if they died in the same battle or something. I think we have laws to prevent that now. Apparently the whole thing may or may not be real.

No comments:

Post a Comment

July 2– From "Plutarch’s Lives: Caesar" translated by Dryden and edited by A. H. Clough

I love this guy's outfit July 2– From Plutarch’s Lives: Caesar translated by Dryden and edited by A. H. Clough Summary: Caesar changed t...