Saturday, March 30, 2024

Mar 30– From "I Promessi Sposi" (The Betrothed) by Alesandro Manzoni (1827)

 No music

Mar 30– From I Promessi Sposi (The Betrothed) by Alesandro Manzoni (1827) 

Summary: The plague comes to Milan.

Commentary: This is the second excerpt we've gotten from this book, and I still don't feel like I have a good handle on it. This section was interesting. The descriptions of all the individuals, when they got the plague, etc. It's almost like a Resident Evil log or something. I wonder what will become the "canonical" novel, movie, whatever about Covid in 100 years. Also, people being idiots during a plague was a thing hundreds of years ago. History repeats. It's kind of darkly comforting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

July 2– From "Plutarch’s Lives: Caesar" translated by Dryden and edited by A. H. Clough

I love this guy's outfit July 2– From Plutarch’s Lives: Caesar translated by Dryden and edited by A. H. Clough Summary: Caesar changed t...