Saturday, June 14, 2025

Benjamin Franklin to John Wright (1789)

 Benjamin Franklin to John Wright (1789)

Bonus: 

I think I know a gay couple with a dog named Pablo.

Summary: It's basically in the commentary.

Commentary: This is probably the John Wright who established Wright's Ferry/Columbia, PA. 

I picked this one since it was one of the more average letters, but also touches back on a few of the themes that're common across BF's writings that I've looked at and will continue on with later.

Ben is still hoping the Frev will end well, he got a Christmas card?, congress was going well. Trade imbalance is a thing (ALWAYS!) Hopefully the end of slavery goes well (after some reasonably time of service), writing isn't going as quick as he'd like, same ol', same ol'.


No comments:

Post a Comment

"The Lottery" by Shirley Jackson (1948)

"The Lottery" Bonus:   Live fake horse racing! Summary:  Rock flies, somebody dies.  Commentary:  This story sucks, and it has suc...