Thursday, July 31, 2025

"Literature of Knowledge and Literature of Power" by Thomas De Quincey (1848)

 THE DOC IS BACK!

Bonus: 

There is no knowledge that is not power

Summary: Literature of knowledge is self explanatory. Literature of power is moral.

Commentary: I feel like literature generally implies some kind of narrative, if not fiction directly. I guess people sometimes say "the literature" in the context of a literature review or something, but if you take a literature class or are a literary journal, it's mostly fiction.

I think I expected something a little more dramatic from the title (literature of power is propaganda?) De Quincey has a couple other things I'd like to read, so maybe De Quincey week. 2.5/5 on the Classics Scale (I might stop doing these). .5 because it's a nice quick read, but also too short to cover a ton.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The story of how Frankenstein was written is just 1800s Epstein shit.

 Girl with Daddy issues gets groomed by older guy, taken to secluded location, winds up pregnant, he also bangs her step-sister, no one know...