Sunday, August 2, 2026

Closing out Don Quixote Book 1

I'm just going to close this out. Chapter by chapter is too slow for the style of commentary I do on this blog, and my reading pacing was a mess on this. I was enjoying it, but I wound up rushing it to finish a reading challenge, and got kind of skimmy. Now I've been done most of it for over a month, so I'm trying to blog it from rushed notes. So, DQ Book 1:

1. Is super episodic. More so than some actual serial novels. They just do random stuff for a chapter and it may or may not have any baring on what comes next.

2. Is a Tom and Jerry cartoon. It's just weird slapstick of them getting beat up (usually by goat herds) for like half the book.

3. The only parts anyone every remembers are in the first 50 pages. I dunno, everyone just loses interest after the windmills, I guess.

Overall, I enjoyed it. Doesn't feel fair to give it a numerical rating. Part 2 tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Fruits of Solitude by William Penn (1718) Part 52-62 (The Wise Man)

 More Fruits of Solitude by William Penn (1718) Part 52-62 (The Wise Man) Bonus:  This was my Scoutmaster's favorite thing to say to sm...