Bonus:
What about freedom from autoplaying mid video ads? (I dunno, I'm on Firefox)
Summary: 1. Speech 2. Worship 3. (From) Want 4. (From) Fear
Commentary:
it is nevertheless clear that neither France nor Great Britain nor any other nation was aiming at domination of the whole world.
An actual British publication cover circa 1900
I never realized this was part of a State of The Union speech. I also thought it was later than 1940. I knew it was Roosevelt, but for some reason I thought it was from the '60s. I guess I could see Kennedy giving it. The Freedoms only show up for a few hundred words at the very end. Mostly, it's a speech asking Congress to support gearing up for WWII, lend/lease, etc. I don't think they were the main point at all, just the part people would eventually cling to.
No comments:
Post a Comment