Monday, April 15, 2024

Reflections on Week 14 (April 1 to 7)

Link to readings

Moving is hard catchup 3/3!

Quick review on this week's readings:

April 1 Poems by Browning: 3/5 These are actually some pretty good poems.

April 2 The Voyage of The Beagle by Darwin: 2/5 Another high repeat percentage

April 3 The Life of George Herbert by Walton: 1/5 I think we're done with these now. Thank God.

April 4 She Stoops To Conquer by Goldsmith: 4/5 I wanted to watch the rest! And will at some point.

April 5 Leviathan by Hobbes: 3/5 Historically significant, but a bit overrated.

April 6 Meditations by Aurelius: 3/5 Probably deserves higher, but this is a rough translation.

April 7th Poems by Wordsworth: 3/5 This is the week for poetry selections that don't wow me, but that I don't hate. 

Weekly Average: 2.71 Someday, we'll crack that 3 average.

Overall Thoughts on The Project:

I think I said this before, but this is challenge is doing more than a half dozen professors' attempts to get me to actually appreciate (some) poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

July 2– From "Plutarch’s Lives: Caesar" translated by Dryden and edited by A. H. Clough

I love this guy's outfit July 2– From Plutarch’s Lives: Caesar translated by Dryden and edited by A. H. Clough Summary: Caesar changed t...